Thank you for your hard work!
Would you like to keep growing your skills? Then consider signing up for our FREE 5 Minute Mentor micro-learning follow up. You'll get access to one module per week for about 4 months. Each module reviews key leanings, and helps you stretch your ability even further, all in just 5 minutes a week. To sign up, please enter your name, and email in the form.
If you have any questions please email me at email@example.com or visit joshuadavi.es. I can also be reached on LinkedIn. Remember: we have a number of briefings on a variety of public speaking topics- if one area interests you, please feel free to ask. Here is one example file on breathing: Voice Power.
Public speaking clubs around the world: toastmasters.org The cheapest and best place to improve your speaking!
Our slides and book: goo.gl/TOlixG
Our prep worksheet: Here.
TED Talks on presenting:
- Making stats interesting: http://www.ted.com/talks/hans_rosling_shows_the_best_stats_you_ve_ever_seen?language=en
- Powerful speaking: http://www.ted.com/talks/julian_treasure_how_to_speak_so_that_people_want_to_listen
Get better at speaking!
- Speaking Anxiety: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH5GpdMmIO8
- Gestures: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53HTS-gxD9w
- Being an expert: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENLZfjLoPEY
- Impromptu speaking: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAnw168huqA
- Pronunciation/Voice drills (so many!): https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=vocal+warm+up+exercises+for+speaking
- Body language in general: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFLjudWTuGQ
- Lower anxiety: http://kottke.org/16/07/turning-your-anxiety-into-excitement
The Power of Pausing:
More media training resources: A small sampling of our favorite sources.
- Course on Lynda/LinkedIn Learning (many firms have free access): https://www.lynda.com/Business-Skills-tutorials/Media-Training/371727-2.html
- 21 resources: http://www.mrmediatraining.com/2011/02/17/the-21-most-essential-media-training-links/
- How to Talk in Sound Bites: http://www.forbes.com/sites/johnbaldoni/2014/05/14/how-to-speak-in-sound-bites/#7190301d17ea
More media training videos: A small sampling of our favorite videos of dos and dont's.
Suggested Books: A small sampling of our favorite books.
- Media Interview Techniques: A Complete Guide to Media Training
- Made to Stick
- The Secret Language of Leadership: How Leaders Inspire Action Through Narrative
Sentiment Analysis Tools (for analyzing reporters):
- https://watson-pi-demo.mybluemix.net/ (best overall)
- https://www.crystalknows.com/ (LinkedIn based)
- http://tonecheck.com/ (good for self analysis of texts)